fbpx Jonkipops

Jonkipops

Ortigas & Co. Ltd Partnership
Business Industry:
Location:

Company Introduction

Who We Are With pride, let's revisit the company's beginnings and its contribution to painting the urban landscape of what we now know as Metro Manila. The Beginning The Hacienda de Mandaloyon originally formed part of the estate holdings of the Augustinian Order. The property covered an area of 4,033 hectares. On January 20, 1920, the Augustinian Fathers sold this property to Dr. Frank W. Dudley and Don Francisco Ortigas. Dr. Dudley later surrendered his interest to Phil C. Whitaker, and the company became known as Whitaker and Ortigas. In the following years, there were several changes of partners. Then, on July 10, 1931, the company was incorporated ´┐ŻOrtigas, Madrigal y cia., S. en C.´┐Ż as a limited partnership by shares (sociedad comanditaria por acciones). The parties to the partnership were Francisco Ortigas (Don Paco), Vicente Madrigal, B.C.M. Johnston, Fulgencio Borromeo, Clyde A. Dewitt and Manuel L. Quezon. All the incorporators, except Quezon, who was President of the Philippine Senate at that time, were constituted as managing and general partners (socios gerentes colectivos) while the other shareholders were designated limited partners (socios comanditarios). The objective of the partnership was to acquire the Hacienda de Mandaloyon, which spanned the municipalities that are now known as Mandaluyong, San Juan, Pasig & Quezon City. The Estate was to be disposed of either in large tracts or developed subdivided lots.
Ortigas & Co. Ltd Partnership
Address:
Capitol Commons Information Center: Meralco Ave. Corner Shaw Blvd. Ortigas Center
Website:
www.ortigas.com.ph