The Land Use Planning Specialist will write the forest land use plans (FLUPs) of LGUs assisted by Protect Project in Palawan and Zamboanga City based on the FLUP outline provided by Protect. He/she will ascertain that the FLUP can be integrated in the CLUP, and in harmony with other resource management plans within the planning landscape. He/she will also participate in both Protect Wildlife and TWG discussions on vision, strategies, tenure concerns, financial matters and investments, governance and other major aspects of the plan; prepare presentation material for each FLUP; and provide guidance to the STTA on data consolidation.
This is an eighty (80) man-days level of effort whose main deliverable would be the final FLUPs of the identified Municipalities of Mt. Mantalingahan Protected Landscape, and Municipality of Bataraza, Palawan. Based in Manila, this position reports to the Biodiversity Conservation Advisor and will travel to various project sites.
• An undergraduate degree in Forestry, Agriculture, Fisheries, Environmental Science or Land Use Planning; advanced studies in relevant fields, preferred;
• Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in Land Use Planning, FLUP preferred. Similar experience working for an NGO, international organization, or USAID is a plus;
• Sound analytical and reasoning skills;
• Fluency in English (written and spoken);
• Superior integrity, organization, communication, and interpersonal skills;
• A demonstrated ability to effectively interact with external stakeholders and project team.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment is a must;
• Must be flexible, willing to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
If you are interested in being considered, please send an updated CV with letter of intent along with three references to [email protected] no later than October 7, 2018. In the subject line, please indicate the position you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.