As a global cooperative agreement, Human Resources for Health (HRH2030) supports USAID/Washington and field missions in strengthening human resources for health (HRH) across 42 priority countries to increase the accessibility, availability, acceptability, and quality of the health workforce needed to improve health outcomes and advance universal health coverage. HRH2030 is designed to 1) increase performance and productivity of the health workforce, 2) increase the number, skill mix, and competency of the health workforce, 3) strengthen HRH/HSS leadership and governance capacity and, 4) increase sustainability of investment in the health workforce. With Chemonics International as the prime implementing partner, HRH2030 consortium partners include: Palladium, URC, ThinkWell, AIHA, Amref Health Africa, and Open Development.
In support of the Philippines Department of Health’s (DOH) goal for HRH, that is “Adequate number of health human resources at all levels with competence to deliver universal health care through the continuum of preventive, promotive, curative and rehabilitative health interventions,” the HRH2030/Philippines Project will provide capacity building to the Philippines DOH to strengthen the deployment, training, and management of a fit-for-purpose and practice health workforce to improve access to quality of family planning (FP), maternal and child health (MCH), and tuberculosis (TB) services for vulnerable populations. This goal will be realized through the attainment of three main objectives:
1. Bolster effective skill mix, competency, and distribution of the health workforce at the primary level
2. Strengthen human resources for health leadership, governance, and performance management
3. Improve the use of data for human resource for health decision making at central and regional levels
The Program Support Specialist will be responsible for providing a broad range of program support to all the activity’s technical components and the Project Director. The Program Support Specialist will support logistical communications and awareness activities, and assist in administrative operations. This position fills a key bridge between HRH2030’s counterparts, technical staff, and operations staff.
The Program Support Specialist will also be responsible for planning and organizing variousActivity events to complement and promote HRH2030’s goals and objectives, including workshops, training and other public events. He/she will report to the monitoring and evaluation advisor.
Primary responsibilities will include but will not be limited to the following: Technical
• Assist the Project Director in the management of project research activities to include the development and preparation of a research design, engagement of consultants/researches, monitoring of research activity implementation, and dissemination of findings.
• Assist the project director with writing of reports, reviews and all other technical writing that the project director needs help with.
• Provide technical support in the conduct of cross-cutting activities such as project implementation reviews, workplan and reports development
• Work with the M&E Advisor for developing the design, organization, and preparations for collaborative, learning and adaptive activities
• Assist the Project Director and M&E Advisor in the preparation of quarterly, annual reports and workplans
• Using the project monitoring system, periodically discuss with PD the status of project milestones
• Document and monitor agreements and follow-through discussions with objective leads
• Assist the Project Director coordinate and track schedules, meetings, consolidate status reports of key project deliverables in coordination with objective leads
• Develop tracking system on Short-Term-Technical Assistance and other technical assistance needed by objective leads and in coordination with objective leads and the administrative unit prepare status report on their engagement
• Coordinate with partners for project management activities such as consultation meetings, advocacy, and dissemination activities
A bachelors degree in social, health sciences or public health
At least of four years of experience in program management;
Proficient in MS Office applications
A research background is a plus
Demonstrate willingness to learn and work in a team
Demonstrable skills and experience in development of technical tools, data analysis, report writing and editing;
Experience working with USAID-funded projects highly preferred;
Excellent communication (oral and written) skills, with demonstrated ability to write technical reports required;
Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets and preparation of graphs, tables, charts with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
Fluency in English required.
Please send your updated curriculum vitae to HRH2030 Philippines HR with the position title in the subject line, at [email protected]. Deadline of submission is on November 19, 2018.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.