Regional Communications Coordinator - East Asia
Regional Communications Coordinator – East Asia
- Be part of our award winning global communications team
- Bring your communication skills and help us end avoidable blindness
- Regional role servicing East Asia
- Role located in either Philippines (Manila), Viet Nam (Da Nang), Cambodia (Phnom Penh) or Laos (Vientiane)
Join one of Australia’s most respected and fastest growing international development organisations – The Fred Hollows Foundation. Working across more than 25 countries, our vision is for a world where no one is needlessly blind. We have an ambitious 5 year strategic plan that aims to take The Foundation even closer to realising our vision of ending avoidable blindness.
In the role of Regional Communications Coordinator, you will coordinate media and external communication material, and support our global fundraising and advocacy strategy. With a significant media focus, this role educates and builds awareness by generating stories around blindness prevention, health promotion and eye health. Working closely with The Foundation’s East Asia Team, you will coordinate and manage campaigns and events to increase our profile regionally.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in a similar role, ideally working for a non-government organisation in an international context
- Established relationships with local and international media
- Ability to identify, build and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and partners, including partners and government agencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deliver high quality communications materials for a diverse audience
- Strong report writing skills and ability to develop case stories
- Understanding of digital channels and be able to assist in the management of The Foundation’s website
- Photography and videography skills are highly desirable
- Strong planning and organisational skills, with the ability to problem solve and analyse information
- Excellent verbal and written English.
How to apply & who to contact:
Please visit out Careers website at (copy and paste web link) https://www.hollows.org/au/careers/current-vacancies to download a Job Description and to submit an online application. Your online application should include an up to date CV and Cover Letter.
Alternatively, if you would like further information, please contact our Recruitment Specialist Lynette Chen or Nicole Cunningham on +61 2 8741 1969.
Closing Date for Applications: 7th August 2017
This role is servicing our East Asia team and will be based in a suitably located country. To be eligible to apply for this position, you must have suitable visa rights to work in Viet Nam, Philippines, Cambodia or Laos, and be able to travel domestically and internationally.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.
You need to login or Register to apply for this job