The Cost Accountant is responsible for preparing budget reports. Be able to create detailed report that presents cost-effective solutions for our company. The cost accountant must also construct and monitor those cost-effective data accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of costing information to management. The cost accountant position is accountable for the on-going analysis of process constraints, target costing projects, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Collecting Cost information and maintaining an expenses database.
2. Create and review the controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems.
3. Update standard costs in the bill of materials.
4. Perform month end close activities related to Cost Accounting.
5. Prepares Monthly Inventory Report.
6. Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program.
7. Reconciles Finished Goods inventories.
8. Analyzing data collected and recording results.